Base Structure of the I Ching
The Hexagrams — 01 QIAN (Yang) — 02 KUN (Yin) — 03 TUN (Difficult Beginning) — 04 MENG (Immaturity) — 05 XU (Waiting Patiently) — 06 SONG (Dispute) — 07 SHI (The Army) — 08 BI (Fellowship) — 09 XIAO CHU (Small Accumulation) — 10 LI (Conduct) — 11 TAI (Peace) — 12 PI (Obstacle) — 13 TONG REN (Fellowship) — 14 DA YOU (Great Harvest) — 15 QIEN (Modesty) — 16 YU (Enthusiasm) — 17 SUI (Compliance) — 18 GU (Correcting the Corruption) — 19 LIN (Advancing) — 20 GUAN (Contemplation) — 21 SHI HO (Biting Through Hardship) — 22 BI (Adornment) — 23 BO (Erosion) — 24 FU (Return) — 25 WU WANG (Innocence) — 26 DA CHU (Great Potential) — 27 YI (Nourishment) — 28 DA GUO (Critical Mass) — 29 KAN (Watery Depths) — 30 LI (Fire) — 31 XIAN (Mutual Attraction) — 32 HENG (Constancy) — 33 DUN (Retreat) — 34 DA ZHUANG (Power of the Great) — 35 JIN (Success) — 36 MING YI (Time of Darkness) — 37 JIA REN (Family) — 38 KUI (Contradiction) — 39 JIAN (Obstruction) — 40 JIE (Dissolution of the Problem) — 41 SUN (Sacrifice) — 42 YI (Benefit) — 43 GUAI (Resolution) — 44 GOU (Contact) — 45 CUI (Congregation) — 46 SHENG (Rising) — 47 KUN (Adversity) — 48 JING (The Well) — 49 GE (Revolution) — 50 DING (The Cauldron) — 51 ZHEN (Force of Thunder) — 52 GEN (Keeping Still) — 53 JIAN (Gradual Progress) — 54 GUI MEI (The Maiden) — 55 FENG (Peak) — 56 LU (The Wanderer) — 57 XUN (Gentle Wind) — 58 DUI (Joyousness) — 59 HUAN (Scattered) — 60 JIE (Self-Restraint) — 61 ZHONG FU (Inner Truth) — 62 XIAO GUO (Predominance of the Small) — 63 JI JI (After Crossing the Water) — 64 WEI JI (Before Crossing the Water)
Download PDF from Scribd
Download PDF from Scribd
Correct Corruption / Improve Things / Act Against Decay
Act decisively to put things right.
Corruption is already manifest at this point. The value of the advice received by this hexagram is to correct the situation in the best possible manner. At the beginning, the situation needs to be properly assessed, then the right action for correction or reform is to be taken. A compromising attitude needs to be avoided.
1. You are in a situation where you are asked upon to put order and bring about renewal. It may not look possible at first to solve the problem which has to do with your past, but in the end you will be successful if you persist. Use only harmonious means to put things right, for otherwise you would trigger unnecessary resistance. This problem may be within you, on the psychic level, or in your outward life, or both.
2. You can only solve a problem in the present, not for the past. Live in the present. Let the past be gone and prepare your future by bringing order into your life now. Do not waste energy by thinking of the past and what would have happened if you had done this or that differently … such worries make it only worse. Avoid thus to indulge in regrets and seize the day (carpe diem) for building a new positive and forward-looking attitude — now!
3. On the outward level, your efforts to correct the problem may meet resistance; you may have been over-zealous or impatient to put things straight. This may cause conflict with others. The solution is to avoid excess and trust your inner guidance that the right solution will come about. Such an attitude should be accompanied by forgiveness: forgive yourself and others, and do not blame anybody for what happened in the past. As soon as you feed your inner mind with your new convictions, you are on a new and positive track!
4. If you slacken in your efforts, you may end up with defeat. Do not take over any of the thought patterns of your past; your wellbeing is in the eternal now, not in the past. To turn this situation around, you need to persist without being over-zealous and yet confident that your inner harmony, coherence and positive conviction will produce the right outcome!
5. The disorderly or problematic situation will be corrected thanks to your persistence and determination. You are asked upon to assume responsibility and act decisively; doing so will result in an improvement of the situation that was long needed. You will attract help to correct the situation and you can earn merit and honor!
6. You may as well decide to get out of the situation entirely and devote yourself to the life of the sage, and practice self-improvement instead of trying to improve situations around you, in your life, relationships, or your business. So doing brings success because our outside world is but a reflection of our own inner processes; when you clarify and clear up your thoughts and calm your emotions, when you bring balance into your inner setup, you will reap a rich reward also on the outward level for you will see that your entire life will change for the better, and your influence upon the world and others will grow. Then, you can benefit others with your wisdom.