Base Structure of the I Ching
The Hexagrams — 01 QIAN (Yang) — 02 KUN (Yin) — 03 TUN (Difficult Beginning) — 04 MENG (Immaturity) — 05 XU (Waiting Patiently) — 06 SONG (Dispute) — 07 SHI (The Army) — 08 BI (Fellowship) — 09 XIAO CHU (Small Accumulation) — 10 LI (Conduct) — 11 TAI (Peace) — 12 PI (Obstacle) — 13 TONG REN (Fellowship) — 14 DA YOU (Great Harvest) — 15 QIEN (Modesty) — 16 YU (Enthusiasm) — 17 SUI (Compliance) — 18 GU (Correcting the Corruption) — 19 LIN (Advancing) — 20 GUAN (Contemplation) — 21 SHI HO (Biting Through Hardship) — 22 BI (Adornment) — 23 BO (Erosion) — 24 FU (Return) — 25 WU WANG (Innocence) — 26 DA CHU (Great Potential) — 27 YI (Nourishment) — 28 DA GUO (Critical Mass) — 29 KAN (Watery Depths) — 30 LI (Fire) — 31 XIAN (Mutual Attraction) — 32 HENG (Constancy) — 33 DUN (Retreat) — 34 DA ZHUANG (Power of the Great) — 35 JIN (Success) — 36 MING YI (Time of Darkness) — 37 JIA REN (Family) — 38 KUI (Contradiction) — 39 JIAN (Obstruction) — 40 JIE (Dissolution of the Problem) — 41 SUN (Sacrifice) — 42 YI (Benefit) — 43 GUAI (Resolution) — 44 GOU (Contact) — 45 CUI (Congregation) — 46 SHENG (Rising) — 47 KUN (Adversity) — 48 JING (The Well) — 49 GE (Revolution) — 50 DING (The Cauldron) — 51 ZHEN (Force of Thunder) — 52 GEN (Keeping Still) — 53 JIAN (Gradual Progress) — 54 GUI MEI (The Maiden) — 55 FENG (Peak) — 56 LU (The Wanderer) — 57 XUN (Gentle Wind) — 58 DUI (Joyousness) — 59 HUAN (Scattered) — 60 JIE (Self-Restraint) — 61 ZHONG FU (Inner Truth) — 62 XIAO GUO (Predominance of the Small) — 63 JI JI (After Crossing the Water) — 64 WEI JI (Before Crossing the Water)
Download PDF from Scribd
Download PDF from Scribd
Return / Renewal / Revival
A time for renewal.
The first yang line is like a seed that has fallen to the ground. Thus revival or renewal can start to grow, and it does so from the first to the fifth line, while the sixth line shows, as so often in the I Ching, an excess or, a refusal to follow the teaching of the hexagram. In other words, in this hexagram, contrary to the previous one, negativity is giving way to light.
1. You may have arrived at a bifurcation point. A certain action may not be in accord with your principles. Make a sound decision. When you opt for what you consider right and correct, choose that as your direction! Such an orientation, which is in alignment with your higher values, will bring renewal in your life and will strengthen your character.
2. It is advantageous for your development to follow those of whom you think highly, those who are acting in alignment with higher principles. If you are around them or if you just take them as your role model doesn’t make a difference; the most important is that you return to your own true nature.
3. In a time of renewal, steadfastness and constancy are important. If you are not certain or you are torn up by doubt, you may miss an opportunity. However, this weakness of character can still be corrected through practicing a firm and stoical attitude.
4. At this stage of your character development, a certain time of solitude is beneficial. Some of your friends may not follow you into the new land you have discovered, inwardly or outwardly. Let them go and follow but your own star, and your clear intuition. Doing so will attract to you the real friend!
5. You have now developed the firmness of character you need in order to overcome all your obstacles, and you will achieve success!
6. You may have missed an opportunity for renewal; you may be too much stricken by certain habits or desires in order for you to have an objective view of the situation. If you experience a setback, do not react aggressively, but with humility and understanding. Then you may see in which way you should turn and redeem your lack of foresight.