Base Structure of the I Ching
The Hexagrams — 01 QIAN (Yang) — 02 KUN (Yin) — 03 TUN (Difficult Beginning) — 04 MENG (Immaturity) — 05 XU (Waiting Patiently) — 06 SONG (Dispute) — 07 SHI (The Army) — 08 BI (Fellowship) — 09 XIAO CHU (Small Accumulation) — 10 LI (Conduct) — 11 TAI (Peace) — 12 PI (Obstacle) — 13 TONG REN (Fellowship) — 14 DA YOU (Great Harvest) — 15 QIEN (Modesty) — 16 YU (Enthusiasm) — 17 SUI (Compliance) — 18 GU (Correcting the Corruption) — 19 LIN (Advancing) — 20 GUAN (Contemplation) — 21 SHI HO (Biting Through Hardship) — 22 BI (Adornment) — 23 BO (Erosion) — 24 FU (Return) — 25 WU WANG (Innocence) — 26 DA CHU (Great Potential) — 27 YI (Nourishment) — 28 DA GUO (Critical Mass) — 29 KAN (Watery Depths) — 30 LI (Fire) — 31 XIAN (Mutual Attraction) — 32 HENG (Constancy) — 33 DUN (Retreat) — 34 DA ZHUANG (Power of the Great) — 35 JIN (Success) — 36 MING YI (Time of Darkness) — 37 JIA REN (Family) — 38 KUI (Contradiction) — 39 JIAN (Obstruction) — 40 JIE (Dissolution of the Problem) — 41 SUN (Sacrifice) — 42 YI (Benefit) — 43 GUAI (Resolution) — 44 GOU (Contact) — 45 CUI (Congregation) — 46 SHENG (Rising) — 47 KUN (Adversity) — 48 JING (The Well) — 49 GE (Revolution) — 50 DING (The Cauldron) — 51 ZHEN (Force of Thunder) — 52 GEN (Keeping Still) — 53 JIAN (Gradual Progress) — 54 GUI MEI (The Maiden) — 55 FENG (Peak) — 56 LU (The Wanderer) — 57 XUN (Gentle Wind) — 58 DUI (Joyousness) — 59 HUAN (Scattered) — 60 JIE (Self-Restraint) — 61 ZHONG FU (Inner Truth) — 62 XIAO GUO (Predominance of the Small) — 63 JI JI (After Crossing the Water) — 64 WEI JI (Before Crossing the Water)
Download PDF from Scribd
Download PDF from Scribd
Contradiction / Opposition / Disharmony
A time of estrangement. Only small things can be achieved.
This hexagram teaches that disharmony between people is the result of doubt and suspicion. Such an attitude may cause you to see evil, dishonesty or insincerity in others. Only when a positive, harmonious view is adopted will one be able to cooperate properly with others and thereby reach one’s goals. This is the result of introspection and of a desire to achieve harmony in all relationships.
1. When others hurt your feelings, be mindful to not retaliate, but to act from a superior position. Do not try to force unity of spirit when you see that disharmony between people is growing. Do not worry about it as this cycle soon comes to an end. Thus use restraint and moderation to remain in peace with yourself.
2. There may be meaningful encounters ahead with people if you are able to practice good communication. The law of attraction works positively for you if you keep your inner mind pristine and clean and in a positive condition. You always attract the equivalent of what you foster in your own mind. If your thoughts and ideas are harmonious, you will attract harmonious relationships.
3. A situation of strife and opposition may come to an end now and harmony will return. All our problems in life are reflections of our inner difficulties. Rather than complaining about circumstances, you can remedy any kind of situation by turning inward and see how you have projected you own inner conflict into the world. Making peace with others therefore always requires making peace with yourself first!
4. The law of attraction works positively for you. You can now attract a partner or collaborator, a wise person, helper or trustworthy friend and together you can overcome difficulties and achieve greatness!
5. It is now good for you to collaborate for there is trust and harmony between you and those around you. Never look at the present from the perspective of the past but accept novelty. While there was opposition in your past, it has vanished off now and harmony and close relationships are possible now in your life.
6. Do not take your friends for your enemies and your enemies for your friends. When others approach you in a spirit of making peace, do not meet them with suspicion and hostility. You can establish good relationships now after you have dissolved your inner resistance and anxiety, and by developing a steadfast and faithful attitude.