Base Structure of the I Ching
The Hexagrams — 01 QIAN (Yang) — 02 KUN (Yin) — 03 TUN (Difficult Beginning) — 04 MENG (Immaturity) — 05 XU (Waiting Patiently) — 06 SONG (Dispute) — 07 SHI (The Army) — 08 BI (Fellowship) — 09 XIAO CHU (Small Accumulation) — 10 LI (Conduct) — 11 TAI (Peace) — 12 PI (Obstacle) — 13 TONG REN (Fellowship) — 14 DA YOU (Great Harvest) — 15 QIEN (Modesty) — 16 YU (Enthusiasm) — 17 SUI (Compliance) — 18 GU (Correcting the Corruption) — 19 LIN (Advancing) — 20 GUAN (Contemplation) — 21 SHI HO (Biting Through Hardship) — 22 BI (Adornment) — 23 BO (Erosion) — 24 FU (Return) — 25 WU WANG (Innocence) — 26 DA CHU (Great Potential) — 27 YI (Nourishment) — 28 DA GUO (Critical Mass) — 29 KAN (Watery Depths) — 30 LI (Fire) — 31 XIAN (Mutual Attraction) — 32 HENG (Constancy) — 33 DUN (Retreat) — 34 DA ZHUANG (Power of the Great) — 35 JIN (Success) — 36 MING YI (Time of Darkness) — 37 JIA REN (Family) — 38 KUI (Contradiction) — 39 JIAN (Obstruction) — 40 JIE (Dissolution of the Problem) — 41 SUN (Sacrifice) — 42 YI (Benefit) — 43 GUAI (Resolution) — 44 GOU (Contact) — 45 CUI (Congregation) — 46 SHENG (Rising) — 47 KUN (Adversity) — 48 JING (The Well) — 49 GE (Revolution) — 50 DING (The Cauldron) — 51 ZHEN (Force of Thunder) — 52 GEN (Keeping Still) — 53 JIAN (Gradual Progress) — 54 GUI MEI (The Maiden) — 55 FENG (Peak) — 56 LU (The Wanderer) — 57 XUN (Gentle Wind) — 58 DUI (Joyousness) — 59 HUAN (Scattered) — 60 JIE (Self-Restraint) — 61 ZHONG FU (Inner Truth) — 62 XIAO GUO (Predominance of the Small) — 63 JI JI (After Crossing the Water) — 64 WEI JI (Before Crossing the Water)
Download PDF from Scribd
Download PDF from Scribd
Obstruction / Obstacle / Difficulty
You need to overcome an obstacle in your way.
The I Ching teaches that all in life is both natural and cyclic. Obstruction can be caused by various factors, inwardly or outwardly. During a time of obstruction, one should turn inward and cultivate patience and mental clarity. Thus obstruction can actually be seen as an opportunity for gathering energy instead of complicating matters with impatience and struggle. A developed person cultivates virtue and is not defeated by obstruction. Trust your inner guidance and the way to go will be shown to you.
1. The I Ching regularly advises to start a new cycle with foresight and a prudent attitude. At this point, you need to wait for the right moment. While your way forward is blocked, practice patience and trust your inner guidance, then the right way and time for action will be shown to you.
2. Here you may know what the obstacle actually is and which form it takes. It may for example be an unwilling attitude in those you need to cooperate with, or it may be a financial problem. Whatever it is, now the right action is to go forward and try to dissolve the obstacle by finding an effective solution. If you are not sure how to solve the difficulty, trust your inner guidance, become still and listen to the voice inside. You will be guided if you are aware of your responsibilities and foster a dutiful attitude!
3. Do not endanger yourself, but retreat. Now is the time to listen to your inner voice and trust your guidance. You will attract people who help you in overcoming the difficulty.
4. In this situation, it is important to avoid acting single-handedly for it may cause you further difficulties. You need to accept the help from others and help developing a common strategy for dissolving the obstruction. Thus communication and cooperation bring you advance.
5. Your positive energy has attracted a beneficial response from the universe. There are people who care to help you. Together, you can now overcome the difficulty through a unified approach, and achieve success!
6. You are here to contribute to the world with your unique gifts and talents. This entire hexagram teaches that overcoming obstacles in life is done through quieting the restless mind and increasing inner coherence. With a harmonious inner attitude, you will attract the right advisor, helper or collaborator and together you will overcome the obstacle. Success is indicated!