Base Structure of the I Ching
The Hexagrams — 01 QIAN (Yang) — 02 KUN (Yin) — 03 TUN (Difficult Beginning) — 04 MENG (Immaturity) — 05 XU (Waiting Patiently) — 06 SONG (Dispute) — 07 SHI (The Army) — 08 BI (Fellowship) — 09 XIAO CHU (Small Accumulation) — 10 LI (Conduct) — 11 TAI (Peace) — 12 PI (Obstacle) — 13 TONG REN (Fellowship) — 14 DA YOU (Great Harvest) — 15 QIEN (Modesty) — 16 YU (Enthusiasm) — 17 SUI (Compliance) — 18 GU (Correcting the Corruption) — 19 LIN (Advancing) — 20 GUAN (Contemplation) — 21 SHI HO (Biting Through Hardship) — 22 BI (Adornment) — 23 BO (Erosion) — 24 FU (Return) — 25 WU WANG (Innocence) — 26 DA CHU (Great Potential) — 27 YI (Nourishment) — 28 DA GUO (Critical Mass) — 29 KAN (Watery Depths) — 30 LI (Fire) — 31 XIAN (Mutual Attraction) — 32 HENG (Constancy) — 33 DUN (Retreat) — 34 DA ZHUANG (Power of the Great) — 35 JIN (Success) — 36 MING YI (Time of Darkness) — 37 JIA REN (Family) — 38 KUI (Contradiction) — 39 JIAN (Obstruction) — 40 JIE (Dissolution of the Problem) — 41 SUN (Sacrifice) — 42 YI (Benefit) — 43 GUAI (Resolution) — 44 GOU (Contact) — 45 CUI (Congregation) — 46 SHENG (Rising) — 47 KUN (Adversity) — 48 JING (The Well) — 49 GE (Revolution) — 50 DING (The Cauldron) — 51 ZHEN (Force of Thunder) — 52 GEN (Keeping Still) — 53 JIAN (Gradual Progress) — 54 GUI MEI (The Maiden) — 55 FENG (Peak) — 56 LU (The Wanderer) — 57 XUN (Gentle Wind) — 58 DUI (Joyousness) — 59 HUAN (Scattered) — 60 JIE (Self-Restraint) — 61 ZHONG FU (Inner Truth) — 62 XIAO GUO (Predominance of the Small) — 63 JI JI (After Crossing the Water) — 64 WEI JI (Before Crossing the Water)
Download PDF from Scribd
Download PDF from Scribd
Revolution / Reformation / Groundbreaking Change
Accept a great change in your life.
The traditional image of this hexagram is that of a revolution and the advice is that a successful revolution is a matter of proper timing and correct implementation. This hexagram encourages you to let go of the old in order to proceed with what is new and right. You should adjust to external conditions and act at an appropriate time so as to reform the situation and bring about novelty in your life. Many habits and patterns of thought stand in the way of change; this is one of the reasons why most people are afraid of change. If you see the need for change, you need to go ahead fearlessly and focus on the positive outcome once the change has been properly effected.
1. Keep still. The timing is not right for a big change. Never rush into action when you are insufficiently prepared. The right time will come.
2. The time is ripe now for action, thus you can go ahead to trigger change and reformation. You will now receive help and support from others if you are correctly focused and accept great change in your life.
3. Do not rush ahead at this point. Your action needs careful preparation in order to be successful, or you may rush into danger. Trust your inner guidance, and focus upon the matter that needs to be changed. Use visualization to see it the way you want it once the change has been carried out. This will help you to find the right way to proceed!
4. Now the change has been done and you are in a position of leadership, where others can rely on you. After the change, harmony is possible. When others show you allegiance, remain humble and work for the public good. When your motivation is correct, you shall have great success!
5. This line traditionally speaks of the yellow stripes of a tiger. For the Chinese, the tiger was a sacred symbol, and the color yellow indicates intelligence and great good fortune! This means that you are here in a position of great power and others follow you. On a personal level, this line represents both heart and mind which guide the correct reformation that comes from within and without. Great success is indicated!
6. The traditional interpretation of this line speaks of a deep change versus a shallow and superficial change. This means that the change can be seen when it is deep and lasting. You may now safely change established habits and traditions, and you should do that in a balanced manner, without triggering hurtful reactions around you. Try to stabilize this new situation in your life so that it will be lasting!